We at Acha Memorial Foundation are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website including your email address and name
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your name and email address
- Information you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including timing, frequency and pattern of service use
Please note, before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Send statements, invoices and details of payment made by you
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it. Please note, you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter
- Send you marketing communications relating to our activities which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology: you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications
- Provide third parties (such as our stakeholders) with statistical information about our users but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the Internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Retaining personal information
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity: for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified/Notarized by a solicitor, a credit card or bank statement and an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the users experience that makes your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still make donations
This website is owned and operated by Acha Memorial Foundation.
Acha Memorial Foundation is incorporated as a non-profit society under the Companies and Allied Act No. 1 of 1990 by the Corporate Affairs Commissions, Nigeria (CAC/IT/NO 78848). The organization is also registered with the Special Control Units against Money Laundering (SCUML) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nigeria.
Our principal place of business is
Acha Memorial Foundation
c/o Timothy Oguike
Director, Board of Trustee, Acha Memorial Foundation
Plot 72, District Centre Estate, Phase 4, Kubwa
P.O Box 1778, Area 10 Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com